Application deadline: July 10th, 2022
ABOUT THE CAMP
It is not too early to begin planning for summer 2022! If you want to have a summer to remember, we have an idea that will help you improve your programming skills, while at the same time enjoying summer fun!
⋮IW Education Center is non-formal educational institution that provides a variety of IT related courses for adults, youth and children. We are located in Bitola and we are the first center that will offer youth and children to combine learning, creative enrichment and action -packed adventure in our Kids Summer Camp. Our partner is Macedonia2025, non-profit, non-political organization dedicated to building strong partnerships and linkages worldwide, and working together towards building a stronger nation. Macedonia2025 accomplishes its mission by implementing programs and activities based on four strategic pillars, one of which is accelerating the development of young talents, and supporting them to reach their full potential and become successful professionals.
Together, we announce an Open Call for the second ⋮IWEC Kids Summer Camp, which will take place in Mavrovo, North Macedonia, on August 07-13, 2022. Macedonia2025 will award full and partial scholarships to applicants, based on their socio-economic background.
The Camp will provide participants with inspirational surroundings for the one-week summer adventure for a lifetime, focusing on learning, personal development, unique experience, a lot of laughter and fun. We will achieve all this in a new and interesting approach, with learning and games in safe environment. This summer camp will provide for the participants:
- Fundamental knowledge of programming;
- Increased vocabulary of useful programming constructs;
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies independently;
- Social, cross-cultural, and academic benefits,
- Life experience and confidence;
- Participants will establish communication and will socialize with youth from the diaspora;
- Participants from diaspora will connect with their homeland, developing their sense of giving back to their homeland;
- and much, much more.
This weeklong camp will consist of both theoretical and practical classes in Web Design. Classes meet for 4-5 hours each weekday and are taught by our highly qualified team of teachers who are all experienced, working professionals in their areas. The classes will take place in the course of 5 working days. The rest of the day will be filled in with organized activities, such as events, socialization, walks to local sights, outdoor activities, games. Supervisors, lecturers, or volunteer chaperones, will accompany participants at all times.
Participants will be equipped with the following:
- Knowledge about web design;
- Overview of front-end development, with HTML and CSS;
- Fundamental understanding and basic programming skills;
- Develop a Social Understanding, Increase Confidence and Social Skills, Develop Academic Skills and Learning, Create International Friendships.
- Skills and abilities necessary for the 21stcentury, such as: Programming languages; Problem-, product-, project- based learning; Team work; Core leadership values; Outside of the box thinking; Critical thinking; Creative thinking; Problem solving;
- Becoming Generations of Global Citizens who realize their power to build a better future with the use of technologies.
- Knowledge about Sustainable Development Goalsto achieve a better and more sustainable future for all.
Participants will be organized in one group. They will work with experienced lecturers in Web design using highly effective teaching and learning methods and high -quality program. The socialization and networking will be comprised of:
- Classes in the nature;
- Interesting games and outdoor activities;
- Exploring Mavrovo and all its beauties that offer the pleasure of beautiful views and landscapes which are present literally everywhere around;
- Orientation and team building activities,
- Activities to encourage them to communicate and socialize with youths from different countries, engaging in cross-cultural learning experiences, exchanging ideas and building networks for future international cooperation;
- Improving foreign language competencies (English/Macedonian).
Certificates for successful completion of the program will be awarded to all participants.
DATE AND LOCATION
⋮IWEC Kids summer camp will take place on August 07-13, 2022 in Mavrovo, North Macedonia.
Participants will be accommodated in a 3+ star hotel in Mavrovo (location will be disclosed and shared with all participants closer to the date of the Camp).
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION
The official language will be English, but we will encourage participants to use Macedonian language too to improve their competences in both languages.
- Participants aged 10 -15 years, interested to acquire and improve their skills and knowledge related with Information technology;
- Macedonian youth and children and those of Macedonian origin from the diaspora;
- Knowledge of the English and Macedonian languages at an adequate level;
- Fundamental understanding and basic programming skills.
COVID -19 CIRCUMSTANCES
We will endeavor to at all times reasonably and to the best of its ability follow state and local standards of conduct and has put in place reasonable preventative measures to reduce the spread of Covid-19. The safety and well-being of our community and participants will be our top priority. We remain optimistic that the Camp and its activities will be realized. However, the situation with Covid-19, domestic Covid-19 safety restrictions, and international travel regulations are beyond our control.
UP 20 CANDIDATES WILL BE SELECTED FOR PARTICIPATION THROUGOUT THE FOLLOWING SELECTION PROCESS:
- Administrative pre-selection of the applications;
- Selection of successful candidates by a Selection committee;
- The selection committee will have a personal interview with the protentional candidates;
- All finally selected candidates will be notified by end July 2022.
Note: Youths from disadvantaged socio-economic backgrounds will be given priority in the selection process. Gender and ethnic balance will be promoted.
- The Camp fee is 26.000 MKD (covering classes, camp set of materials, FB accommodation and transport cost)
- The scholarship given by Macedonia2025 partially or fully covers all costs for the Camp.
Note: The organizers will provide for the participants travel arrangements from Skopje and Bitola to Mavrovo. Computers, for the main topics we will provide books, and for the rest we will work with free materials and on-line links and presentations. For the participants coming from overseas, the organizers is not covering travel expenses to North Macedonia.
Macedonia 2025, https://www.macedonia2025.com/
We look forward to receiving your applications!