The state of emergency did not affect the process of evaluation of the submitted applications for the Call for Proposals for Action Grants (CM-ACT-05). The Grant Selection Committee electronically evaluated the submissions, after which 12 organizations were awarded the grants, among which Macedonia2025 for the project ‘Towards Reducing the Bureaucratic Burden’.
The aim of the Macedonia2025 project is to prepare the so-called Bureaucracy Index for the first time in our country, which will assess the bureaucratic burden to Macedonian businesses, in comparison to several countries from the EU (new member states and ‘old’ EU member states) and countries in Western Balkan region. The project will result in creating policy recommendations for reducing the bureaucratic burden of companies, thus helping them grow faster, increase levels of employment and exports.
The project will be focused on:
- Improving the business climate and environment;
- Supporting company growth, job creation and increased exports;
- Introduction of Methodology for measuring the bureaucratic burden in Macedonia, as well as a comparison of the situation with the new EU member states;
- Plan to reduce the bureaucratic burden for businesses;
- Cooperation with state institutions in developing a plan and measures for reducing the burden; Participation in the creation and decision-making processes, related to regulations for improving the business climate;
- Sharing experiences from EU member states (mainly Slovakia).
This Index is already being calculated for several new member states, such as Slovakia, the Czech Republic and Bulgaria, and some other countries, such as Ukraine. Starting in 2020, the “Bureaucracy Index” will be established in Serbia, Finland, Italy, and Lithuania, as well.
More information HERE.
*The project is supported by Civica Mobilitas. Civica Mobilitas is a Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) project that is implemented by NIRAS from Denmark, the Macedonian Center for International Cooperation (MCIC) and the Swedish Institute for Public Administration (SIPU).