Applications deadline is February 25, 2020
The Executive Study Program in Toronto is a program designed to provide Macedonian talented executives with a complete North American experience through access to some of the best executive education courses and some genuine business experience in North American companies. The program combines participation in Executive/Leadership Development courses at the Schulich Executive Education Centre (SEEC) at York University in Toronto, Canada combined with a job shadowing at a renowned company.
The Schulich Executive Education Centre (SEEC) is an integral part of the Schulich Business School at York University in Toronto, Canada. SEEC provides an education that is focused, practical and immediately applicable. Executive development at Schulich is all about “just-in-time” learning, focused, practical and immediately applicable to the task at hand. Schulich School of Business is Canada’s No.1 business school. Founded in 1966, Schulich has an internationally diverse faculty and student body. The faculty is drawn exclusively from both practitioners and academia, and each is an acknowledged leader and innovator in their field.
SEEC and Macedonia2025 share a common interest in providing and delivering high quality executive education to professionals from Macedonia. Macedonia2025 provides a full scholarship for experienced managers, executives and entrepreneurs from Macedonia. This program will increase participants’ competencies and performance in a continuously changing global business environment. This program also offers a unique networking opportunity that can help export-oriented companies promote their products and services to the global markets.
- Participants can participate in one executive education module, in a duration of 5 working days during the course of May and June 2020
- Enrollment, tuition or administrative fees associated with the executive program are covered by Macedonia2025
- Participants are required to finance their travel and accommodation costs
- Participants have the option to take internship/job shadowing activity within a Canadian company based on their industry and background
- Participants will have the unique opportunity to network with Macedonia2025 members and supporters that live in Canada at an event hosted by Macedonia2025 members
- The applicant can select one of the proposed Executive Courses (see list below)
- Each participant should consider staying in Canada for minimum of two to three weeks (depending on the duration of the secured internship)
|Certificate in Leading a Culture that Innovates and Executes||June 8 - 12||Schulich Executive Learning Centre (North York, Toronto, Canada)||View Details|
|Maximizing Leadership Impact with Emotional Intelligence and Thriving in Disruptive Times with Leadership Resilience||June 1 - 4||Miles S. Nadal Management Centre (Financial District, Toronto, Canada)||View Details|
|Certificate in Executive Sales Management||May 25 - 29||Schulich Executive Learning Centre (North York, Toronto, Canada)||View Details|
|Certificate in Critical Communications Skills||May 25 - 29||Schulich Executive Learning Centre (North York, Toronto, Canada)||View Details|
- Top Macedonian executives, high level managers and proven entrepreneurs at companies located in Macedonia that plan to develop their professional career and contribute towards the economic development of the country
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a managerial position
- Preferably, representatives of an export-oriented company
- Excellent proficiency in the English language
- Able to adapt to working with international teams
- Eager to learn, upgrade skills and implement the knowledge within the company
- Possibilities for company expansion, growth and sharing knowledge within the company
- Willing to give back to the community and to Macedonia2025
- Candidates that haven’t been exposed to a foreign education program before, will have advantage
Macedonia2025 will provide the following services to enrolled candidates:
- Schedule an interview with an international jury for selection of candidates
- Provide the applicant with a confirmation letter for visa application purposes
- Enroll the students at SEEC short course or program
- Provide assistance to the applicants while they are in Canada to ensure their successful completion of the program
- Assist participants in finding a host company in Canada
- Organize networking event with Macedonia2025 members and supporters
- The value of scholarship ranges from $4,150 to $4,995 CAD depending on the selected program (excluding tax)
The applicant or the company where he/she works is obliged to:
- Personally prepare the visa application and submit the documents
- Personally cover all travel and accommodation expenses for the duration of the program
- Cover additional expenses not included in the education scholarships
- The candidate should consider additional living costs of at least $50 – $70 per day
How to Apply?
- Fill out the application form on the following link HERE
- Send professional CV and short bio (up to 200 words)
- Send color photo
- All documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open Call is announced on December 25, 2019
- Applications deadline is February 25, 2020
- Best fitting candidates will be selected by March 25, 2020
- The candidates will be evaluated by an independent educational council consisting of the School’s administrative department and designated members of Macedonia2025 Board and members.
- Only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
- The selection process will try to identify the most eligible candidates taking into consideration the following:
- Industry/ sector diversity
- Relevance of educational background and professional achievements
- Gender diversity
Location and Accommodation:
The courses take place at the following locations:
- The Executive Learning Center at the York University:
Schulich School of Business, York University, 4700 Keele Street
Toronto, Ontario M3J 1P3
Please visit the following link for more information: www.acc-schulichexecutiveconferencecentre.com
Participants attending our programs will receive a special discounted price.
- The Miles S. Nadal Management Centre:
222 Bay Street, Suite 500 (5th Floor)
Toronto, Ontario M5K 1K2, Canada
Please visit the following link for more information: https://seec.schulich.yorku.ca/about-us/contact-locations/miles-s-nadal-management-centre/
- Candidates that will receive a scholarship will be required to sign a framework agreement with Macedonia2025, identifying areas of “giving back” to the organization or the country. Macedonia2025 is a self-funded organization and relies on the support of institutions, organizations, corporations and individuals to give funds, network and expertise towards the organization. Therefore, all contributions by our education alumni network are welcomed.
- Candidates that will receive a scholarship will be required to send photos and one page testimonial to Macedonia2025, after the completion of the course and job shadowing for marketing purposes.
- Candidates are expected to maintain close relations with the organization. Namely, candidates should participate at Macedonia2025 events and be an active member of the alumni network. Candidates should also transfer knowledge to young talents and assist Macedonia2025 in pursuing its mission.